photo Header1_zpsef594838.png photo Header2_zps82d13007.png

Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Nursery Progress

We officially started the nursery! This room was never painted by the previous owners and they had some shelving on the walls and window treatments up when we moved in.  I had some cleaning to do before I started to paint the trim and doors.  There was dust everywhere.  My husband started with taking the blinds and curtains down and outlet covers off the walls.  I patched all the holes on the walls and wiped down the trim.  We decided to update the trim and door color in all the rooms one by one.  So we are sticking with Valspar Du Jour for this room too.  It is a bright clean white color.   

Even though we are having a girl, we wanted a neutral color on the walls for a possible future sibling and/or switching to a guest room.  We decided we will use colors like pink and coral to accent the room.  

When we moved in, there were no lighting components or fans in any of the bedrooms, and this particular room only has one small window.  I wanted more light and also something that was on a dimmer for those late/early morning feedings.  I fell in love with a chandelier from Home Depot (details below).  I would find amazing chandeliers online, but they came with a pretty steep price tag.  Home Depot had just what I was looking for.  The price was reasonable and looked like all the high end ones I had seen elsewhere.  The below photos show the progress we have made so far.

Before - The baskets you see are planned for closet storage.
Before
Before
New Chandelier - Home Depot (find it here)
My husband took out the closet bar and shelf.  This closet has so much space and the bar was so hard to reach, so my father-in-law built and entire closet system for this closet.  I finally painted the last piece the other day.  He should be installing it soon, so I am excited to see the final result. 

Walls before paint
Closet shelving before paint.

Nursery with paint - Valspar Seashell Gray (a very light gray-beige)
Trim - Valspar Du Jour
I will have to take more photos in daylight so you can see it better.  I took these early AM.
Closet before shelving
Paint - Valspar Filtered Shade (a shade darker than Seashell Gray)

It is finally all coming together - what a work in progress.  The results in person are amazing, we really love it.  I can't wait to show you the new closet shelving and carpet once it's in.  We are expecting our furniture this weekend too - stay tuned :)

Hope you are having a wonderful week! 

2 comments :

  1. Love the chandelier!! Can't believe its such a good price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I was super excited and it looks so much more expensive too.

      Delete